8/19 - 2016 CAASPP Results Update

Please review the following important information regarding the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) results.

·        Individual Student Reports (ISRs):  Assessment Services has received 90% of the 2016 CAASPP Individual Student Reports (ISRs) in the initial shipment.  The school copies of the ISRs will be distributed to sites the week of August 22 via truck delivery.  The remaining 10% of the student reports will be distributed to schools upon receipt of the second shipment. Assessment Services will mail the ISRs to parents in batches.  Parents will receive the student reports beginning in September at the earliest.  Please contact Denise Ormsbee at dormsbee@sandi.net for questions about the ISRs.

·        Data in Illuminate:  The 2016 CAASPP data has been uploaded to Illuminate.  The data in Illuminate represents approximately 94% of the district’s processed scores.  Once the final data is available, it will be uploaded in Illuminate.  Please use the job aid for accessing the results at Illuminate CAASPP Results Job Aid. For questions about the reports in Illuminate, please contact Tressa Renee at trenee@sandi.net.

·        Public Release of the 2016 CAASPP Results:  The public release of the 2015–16 CAASPP results is tentatively scheduled for 9:00 a.m. next Wednesday, August 24.  When the results are released by the CDE, reports from all schools and districts in the state will be accessible at http://caaspp.cde.ca.gov/ .  There is a job aid posted at CDE CAASPP Results Job Aid to help users navigate the CDE website.  This year the CDE has added the ability to compare schools to other schools and compare grade levels from 2016 to 2015.   IMPORTANT:  the public release will only include scores that were processed as of May 27, 2016. Final scores will be uploaded to the CDE website in September when they are available. For questions about the CDE website, please contact Amal Morcos at amorcos@sandi.net .

·        2016 CAASPP Post-test Workshop:  Assessment Services is offering one final workshop for site coordinators and administrators on September 6, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. at the Ballard Center.  The training will include the principles of scoring, an overview of the Smarter Balanced Assessment reports, and how sites can connect the results to instruction.  Registration is not required.  Please see the flyer for more information at 2016 SBAC Results Post-Test Workshop Training Flyer. For questions about the workshop, contact Denise Ormsbee at dormsbee@sandi.net .