New Employee Enrollment Information
Welcome to the San Diego Unified School District Employee Benefits Program. We know your benefits are important to you and your entire family and are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees and their eligible dependents.
To take advantage of all the programs the District offers please review the information below to help you make the right benefit decisions for you and your family. The benefit choices you make now will be in effect through the end of the calendar year and can’t be changed unless you experience a qualified life event, such as a birth, marriage or loss of other coverage.
The Employee Benefits Information Guide (2016) will help you better understand the plans and programs that are available to you and your family. We encourge you to review this booklet in its entirety.
1. You must enroll within 31 days of your hire date or the date you become benefits eligible.
2. Review the links on this website to learn more about the plans available to eligible employees, including:
1. Turn in your Enrollment Form for Medical, Dental/Vision, and Flexible Spending Account (2016) in one of four easy ways:
- Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: (619) 725-8132
San Diego Unified School District
- Mail or walk-in to: Employee Benefits Department
4100 Normal Street, Room 1150A
San Diego, CA 92103
- Spouse - Most recent tax return (We will only accept the marriage certificate if you have been married less than a year)
- Domestic Partner - Certificate of Domestic Partnership or Completed Affidavit
- Child(ren) - Birth Certificate, Adoption Decree, or Court Order of Legal Guardianship
- For additional Dependent Eligibility Verification Requirements please click here
3. To enroll in supplemental life insurance, enroll here.
Initial User ID: Your 6-digit district Employee ID number (i.e. Lisa Smith, Employee ID 123456 would enter 123456)Initial Password: The first letter of your first name and the first letter of your last name (all lowercase) followed by your date of birth in MMDDYYYY format (i.e. Lisa Smith born August 1, 1980 would enter ls08011980)If additional information is needed please contact the Employee Benefits Department located in Room 1150A of the Eugene Brucker Education Center. We can be reached at (619) 725-8130 or by email at email@example.com. Walk-in office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.