Happy November i21 Teachers. View our video Vodcast of this edition here or below.
In this issue you will find information on:
- Year 2 Netbooks that have entered DEEP sleep
If you have a suggestion for what we could share in the next i21 Connect Update, please use http://bit.ly/beaDVm to let us know.
The Ed Tech Team
If the keys to your media cabinet or the drawer in the base of your year 2 Promethean board have been lost or damaged work with your principal or custodian to have them replaced.
Year 2 Netbooks in Deep Sleep
Some of the year 2 Netbooks have been experiencing “deep sleep.” They will go to sleep and not wake up when the space bar is press or the power button is pressed. If you are experiencing this:
- remove the battery from the Netbook while it is in "deep sleep" to shut off the machine.
- then with the battery off, push and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds.
- reattach the battery and power on the netbook.
If the same netbook has that same problem of "deep sleep" again, call it in to the help desk: (619) 209-HELP.
Make sure the i21 printer in your room is never turned off or unplugged. Keep the printer plugged in and powered on at all times, even on weekends, breaks, and vacations.
Filters - Year 1 Boards
If you are in a Year 1 room, make sure to clean the 2 filters in the projector on a regular basis. To do this:
- make sure the projector is off
- remove the filters
- walk away from the projector or outside
- shake/blow the dust into a trashcan
Do not upgrade ActivInspire via Promethean Planet. Upgrading district installed software on your own could render certain systems or programs incompatible or inoperable. The district tests software to be sure that it works with district equipment and systems. The district will provide updates to district installed software.