Pre-K through 12 Educational Interventions to Increase High School Graduation & College / Career Preparation in City Heights
1. Maintain a 3.00 GPA through the senior year of high school
2. Complete all of the A-G course requirements
3. Must have been enrolled at Hoover since the 9th grade
4. Satisfy both the ELM and EPT placement tests
5. Take SAT or ACT exam.
*The City Heights Educational Collaborative is a partnership between San Diego State University (SDSU), Price Charities, San Diego Unified School District and the San Diego Education Association (SDEA). The Collaborative purpose is to employ the resources of San Diego State University to improve the academic performance of students in three City Heights schools with a total of 5,500 students: Hoover High School, Monroe Clark Middle School, Wilson Middle School and Rosa Parks Elementary School. In addition, students from SDSU's College of Education and College of Health and Human Services perform internships at the three schools.
Goals of The Collaborative include:
* Improve K-16 student achievement.
* Provide solutions to school community problems through an active research agenda.
* Develop 21st Century life skills in all Collaborative children.
* Promote business and community partnerships that provide resources and opportunity for Hoover students in:
· educational attainment
· college and career
· community and service learning
· focus on youth development
· recognize mentoring programs