Hello Rodriguez Family and Staff,
It is March and we have just over 70 days left in the school year. As we prepare for our 3rd through 5th grade students take the State online test right when we get back from Spring Break, we are also looking ahead towards decisions with Title 1 funding for the 2015-2016. We sent out a parent input survey on what Title 1 funds supplement and we want your feedback and ideas on how to continue. The funds modify as to the site needs. Our ELAC, SGT and SSC groups have had discussions about strengthen and closing the student achievement gap. At parent meetings, many have brought up better understanding of ELL programs, assessments and common core. Please take some time to review the information and send back your feedback with your child. If you need another survey, stop by the main office to pick one up. The last 2 years we have been working on supporting their understanding using Common Core Standards in Mathematics and Reading with teachers and have provided at Coffee with The Principal, parent presentations on what Common Core looks like in the classroom.
Family Wednesdays/Coffee With the Principal are once a month in the morning. Our next Family Wednesday will be, March 25th.
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- March 4th, SSC Special meeting
- March 5th, ELAC meeting, Community Room 8:40-9:40am
- March 10th, SSC Meeting, Library 3:20-5:00pm
- March 23rd, San Diego High Cluster Meeting (5:30-7:30pm /San Diego High School Library)
- March 25th, Family Wednesday/Coffee with the Principal (8:30-10:30/classes & auditorium
- March 23rd-27th, PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES (Modified Days 8:30am-12:45pm)
- March 30th-April 3rd SPRING BREAK, No School
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
A friendly reminder:
- Gates open at 8:10 for line up on the lower playground.
- 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up .
- 8:30am is the start of breakfast in the classroom.
- Wednesday is our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm.
Our school went up 22 points in the API!
We grew 9% in Mathematics.
Our 4th graders had a 24% increase in the STAR Writing test since 2011.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We will be introducing Family Wednesday once a month to support content area, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children and followed up with Coffee with the Principal as well.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.