Hello Rodriguez Family and Staff,
Our firs month flew by and we are now in October. We have worked all month long and will continue to work on being F.I.E.R.C.E. scholars. (Focused Independent Enthusiastic Responsible Compassionate and Engaged).We will continue our focus on strengthening your child's writing, reading and mathematical skills in alignment with the Common Core State Standards.
Family Wednesdays are once a month in the morning. Our next Family Wednesday will be on MATH, October 15th. We will have our ASB students lead us in the morning assembly on the lower playground, followed by learning in the classroom. We then invite parents over to the auditorium for Coffee With The Principal. Its is also a gathering of our parents to provide information on PTA, ELAC and other parent involvement opportunities.
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- October 15th Family Wednesday MATH FOCUS (8:30-9:30)
- October 15th Coffee with the Principal (auditorium 9:30-10:30)
- October 16th GREAT SHAKEOUT EARTHQUAKE DRILL at 10:16 a.m.
- October 27th San Diego High School Cluster Meeting (SDHS Library (5:30-7:30)
- October 28th Title 1 Parent meeting (auditorium 8:30am-9:30am)
- October 28th Title 1 Parent meeting (auditorium 5:30pm-6:30pm)
- November 11th NO SCHOOL-VETERAN'S DAY
A friendly reminder:
- Gates open at 8:10 for line up on the lower playground.
- 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up .
- 8:30am is the start of breakfast in the classroom.
- Wednesday is our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm.
Our school went up 22 points in the API!
We grew 9% in Mathematics.
Our 4th graders had a 24% increase in the STAR Writing test since 2011.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We will be introducing Family Wednesday once a month to support content area, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children and followed up with Coffee with the Principal as well.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.