What an exciting morning. We had Mr. Richard Barrera, our school board, visit our school and walk and talk with parents. It was also Laura Rodriguez' birthday and she would have been 104 years old today. Parent teacher conferences are on their way and our Thanksgiving break will start Monday. We want to thank you for coming by and meeting with our teachers and learning about where your students are in their studies. We want to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving week break.STRENGTHS: Our school went up 22 points in the API! We grew 9% in Mathematics.Our 4th graders had a 24% increase in the STAR Writing test since 2011.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We will be introducing Family Wednesday once a month to support content area, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children and followed up with Coffee with the Principal as well.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
Please help us lift our school spirit and pride with promoting our school colors and uniform weekly and reward best primary and upper grade classes each month at the Family Wednesday. We will be monitoring and honoring the highest school uniform classes each month and get class awards for it. Laura Rodriguez loved baby blue and so that is the color we use as our main school color. We encourage children to wear baby blue and navy blue tops along with khaki or jean pants. Let’s keep the spirit alive at Rodriguez. Once again welcome back and we are moving forward with growth and pride!
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- November 18-22 PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES. Modified days all week.
- November 20th FAMLY Wednesdays
- 8:30-8:45 lower playground assembly
- 8:45-9:30 classroom activity
- 9:30-10:30 coffee with principal
- November 21st Program Options meeting in auditorium 8:30am and 6:00pm
- November 25-29 THANKSGIVING BREAK. NO SCHOOL
A friendly reminder that line up will begin at 8:10 on the lower playground by classroom. At 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up and the start of the day is at 8:30am with breakfast in the classroom. We will continue with Wednesday as our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm. Uniform shirts will be on sale in the main office with the school name embroidered. School Pride colors are baby blue and khaki!
We have a NEW section under PARENTS that talks about how to DONATE TO OUR SCHOOL. Through Target and eScrip you can redirect a certain percentage of purchases from many merchants towards Rodriguez Elementary. It's another way that will help us in fundraising.
- Rodriguez Elementary is located at the edge of the Logan Heights area. Our new school was funded by Proposition MM in 2007. Our namesake, Laura G. Rodriguez, founded Chicano Park and the Logan Heights Family Health Center. She was a pillar of our community who embodied the spirit of the barrio. Our school provides a safe environment that celebrates Laura G. Rodriguez's way of life. The qualities she demonstrated are respect, responsibility and being a positive role model. We want our students to emulate these qualities, learn from her civic activism and to give back to their community.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.