School Choice Application
San Diego Unified is offers excellent educational opportunities around every corner. Visiting your neighborhood school is a great place to start.
For students seeking other options, online applications are accepted between November 1st through February 15 for the upcoming school year.
Options Online Applications are not being accepted at this time. The
School Options Online Application web site will become active again in
November for the 2015-2016 school year. Please contact the office at 619
725-5672 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Applications will not be accepted after the February 15th deadline unless the family is new to the district or a current San Diego Unified student has a change of residence. Proof of new residence is required.
- Online is the preferred method of submission for applications.
- If families are unable to use the online application they should contact our office at 619 725-5672 or email@example.com or any school for assistance with applying for their child.
- Applications accepted after February 15th only for new students or changes of address.
- When applying for kindergarten, you must select Pre-k for the current grade level.
- Information about Transitional Kindergarten is found below.
| (Applications accepted between Nov 1 - Feb 15)
||(Solicitudes aceptadas entre el 1 de noviembre al 15 de febrero)
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
Families with students who are age eligible for transitional Kindergarten (TK). These are students that will be five years old between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2. Students desiring enrollment in their neighborhood school can now go directly to the school for enrollment. All schools will have a program for transitional K students in the 2014-15 school year.
Students eligible for transitional Kindergarten (TK) can now apply to school choice via the district website by clicking on the Apply button below and the link that asks, "Is your child new to the district?". Families may continue to apply for TK on a space available basis. The application for students will:
- Show as Grade Kindergarten for next year, student are age eligible for a two-year Kindergarten program (transitional Kindergarten).
- Be included on the school's Kindergarten choice enrollment list, but will be highlighted as transitional Kindergarten.
Please visit the District website on transitional Kindergarten at www.sandi.net/transitionalkindergarten.