Facts for Parents is an annual publication containing updated information relevant to all San Diego Unified School District families including district policies, parent/guardian/student rights and responsibilities, and information required by state or federal law.
- Discrimination, Harassment & Bullying Policies
- Zero Tolerance
- Health Requirements
- Parent/Guardian Rights
- Student Records and Rights
- Elementary & Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- English Learner Program Option
- At School
- Pesticide Use & Notification (optional)
- Universal Form (required)
The Facts for Parents handbook fulfills a legal requirement for providing annual notice to parents of many issues. It is important they are handed out to all parents each year. A signed Universal Form proves that parents have received notification, and should be maintained by the school during the school year.
The 2014-15 booklets are expected to arrive at school sites the week of August 18 - 22, 2014.