· Students can log on to Tutor.com/military 24/7 to have a one-on-one tutoring session with a live, expert tutor in all core math, science, social studies and English subjects.
· Students and tutors always work anonymously and no personal info is shared during sessions.
· Tutoring sessions take place in an online classroom, where a student and tutor communicate using text messaging, drawing on the interactive whiteboard and file sharing. No video cameras or telephones are used.
· Each tutor undergoes a background check and probationary period to become a Tutor.com tutor.
· Tutor.com employs nearly 3,000 tutors to help your student day or night from any internet connected device anywhere in the world.
· Military-connected students consistently report that using Tutor.com to get help when they need it improves their grades and confidence.
The San Diego Military Collaborative is hosting a workshop entitled, "Military Transition: The Spouse Edition”
Childcare and refreshments are provided. Families can RSVP at the link below or through the registration form attached: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-kyNqLDSRT1fzFXlLQGt6IfCLU0JMCnDHHy8fIo61Mk/viewform
For questions or more information, please contact:
Kat Brown, Administrative/Community
SAY San Diego | San Diego Military Family Collaborative
3487 Santo Rd. | San Diego, CA 92124
Office: 858-496-0044 ext. 100
|Perry students try out their new shoes.|
On October 17, 2014, every student at Perry Elementary School received a fantastic pair of new shoes! Gaylord-Hansen Mortgage, in collaboration with San Diego Unified District's Office of Children and Youth in Transition, distributed about 450 pairs of shoes to ensure that the students of Perry Elementary could begin the 2014-15 school year in style. The event included a school lunch BBQ provided by Food Services. There were many smiling faces to be seen that day as volunteers from Gaylord-Hansen, Naval Base San Diego, and other community members worked to fit shoes and socks on kindergarten through fifth grade students. It was hard to tell who was happier, the volunteers or the children.
The Gaylord Hansen Mortgage Team; a branch of Caliber Home Loans, believes in giving back to the local community. They targeted the annual shoe giveaway at Perry due to the high number of students from military families. The Gaylord-Hansen Shoe Foundation was created to provide San Diego’s neediest school children with the opportunity to receive a brand new pair of shoes. By donating thirty dollars from every loan transaction, they are able to improve the lives of children in this small but significant way.
For more information, contact J.D. Dyas, Children & Youth in Transition, (619) 725-8170.
-Learn about all the resources Dewey has to offer and socialize with the teachers and staff before school starts!
-Complimentary BBQ Lunch for Dewey families.
-Resource Fair Featuring: Dewey Mandarin Chinese Program...Family Forces...MCRD School Liaison...Naval Base Point Loma School Liaison...Dewey PTO
* Hosted by Operation World Language Mandarin Program and the Office of Children & Youth in Transition, San Diego Unified School District