Built in 1956, the school's appearance is pleasing and well groomed. Students feel proud of their school and contribute to its cleanliness.
Providing safe and well-maintained schools is a top priority for the school district. To ensure that all classrooms and facilities are maintained in a manner that supports instruction, a scheduled maintenance program is administered by the district.
To further support learning, a variety of tutoring areas, such as tables with umbrellas and resource rooms are available. A literacy garden, which adjoins the counseling center, supports students who choose to read during recess.
Teachers have access to a centralized workroom, reading resource room, staff-development room, a multi-purpose media room, and a room for adaptive physical education.