Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs)
By graduation all Mt. Everest Academy students will be able to:
Communicate effectively through reading, writing, listening, and speaking.Communicators who:
- Read a wide variety of materials.
- Write effectively for a range of audiences and a variety of purposes.
- Deliver both formal and informal presentations, demonstrating effective strategies and delivery techniques.
- Listen and respond critically to a variety of multimedia communications.
Think and solve problems independently and critically.
Critical thinkers who:
- Analyze different perspectives and points of view.
- Recognize, consider, and critique data, evidence, and alternative explanations.
- Select and use appropriate standard and nonstandard problem solving strategies.
- Develop and use strong academic skills.
Demonstrate the confidence, resilience, and self-esteem to succeed in life.
Confident people who:
- Establish a personal schedule and practice time management.
- Make oral presentations of project findings.
- Explain how course content can be used in occupational fields.
- Set goals and seek further education in a field of interest.
- Evaluate progress and make adjustments as needed.
Use resources, including technology, to locate needed information.
Resourceful people who:
- Gather information from a variety of sources to assist in completing project work.
- Use technology to assist in gathering, analyzing, organizing, and presenting information.
- Show evidence of research, including sources, in a completed project.
Demonstrate good citizenship and personal integrity.
- Respect the rights and opinions of others.
- Act as positive role models for others.
- Support the positive efforts of fellow students.