Small Learning Communities
Would you like to be a part of a smaller group of students who work closely with a smaller group of teachers? If your answer is yes, you may want to enroll in one of Madison's small learning communities. If your interested in computers, engineering, design or automotive technology, you may want to join the Design and Technology Academy (DaTA). If music, film or theatre is what excites you, consider Madison's School of the Arts (SOTA).
What is a small learning community?
- Students take many classes together
- Projects integrate the academy theme
- Students participate in competitions and other extra curricular activities
- Social activities for students and families
- Unique learning opportunities such as field trips, job shadows and internships
- Preference for college admissions
- College visits and scholarships
- Close friendships and teacher relationships