University City

High School

Home of the Centurions



7 am to 3 pm
(except summer and holidays)

Proof of Graduation


Agencies requesting proof of graduation for employment must fax signed Authorization to Release Confidential Information form for applicant to:

 Fax (858) 458-9432
attn Registrar Gwen Shoemaker


  • Current UC Student
  • On file Authorization to Release Information To Private School /University / College/military/employment
  • Completed Request for Transcript Form
  • $0.25 charge for each request
  • Seniors: first 3 official transcripts are free, $1 for all others

By Mail

  • Send signed request to University City High School: Attn: Gwen Shoemaker at 6949 Genesee Ave. San Diego, California 92122
  • Year of graduation and name used in high school
  • Birth date
  • Address to where you want transcript sent
  • $2 fee

Grade Concerns/Questions

When: To see report card dates, check the school calendar.

Who: For grades, the classroom teacher should always be your primary point of contact.

How: Reach teachers via voice mail or email on the school website or call (858) 457-3040.

Teachers are the main people who sees the student engaged in the subject matter on a daily basis. Teachers are adept at the areas a student should concentrate on to improve performance in the class.

Why: Students generally receive poor grades due to difficulties with homework or testing. The UC High Planner is the perfect way to keep track of homework assignments, and help your student become more organized.

About Homework: Students should expect 2-3 hours of homework daily. A student struggling to understand concepts should check with their teachers to see when they offer tutoring.

More questions: If you have additional concerns or would like to talk to your counselor, please make an appointment by calling or by email. We are happy to assist you in reaching your academic and personal goals.




UCHS Centurion Counseling Department 


Welcome to the new school year!  If you are a new or returning student, it is very important that STUDENTS AND PARENTS have email addresses on file with the school.  We have a new digital program that we are using for all communication.  School Messenger has the ability to email AND phone you on important test dates, parent nights, Collegeboard Information, College Application deadlines, etc.  PLEASE make sure your email address is current and active when you register this fall.


Parents/guardians may also make appointments to see their child's counselor, by phone or email. We will attempt to return phone calls and emails within 24 hours whenever possible.

Counselors are assigned alphabetically by the student's last name:

     A-ENC:    Michelle Barnier:  x224



    END-LIP:   Sherryl Godfrey:  x223



     LIT-RIZ:  Naomi Paige:  x222



      RO-Z:    David Malox220



REGISTRAR: Gwen Shoemaker:  x217


Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT  Sample questions you'll see on the
Preliminary SAT and National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Tests; Practice tests
with answer key
Test Preparation Websites General information and preparation for SAT Reasoning Test, SAT Subject Tests, ACT, AP Exams, ELM, EPT, AWPE

Testing FAQ
 What is our school code? 052887

What tests do I need to take to get into college? Visit the website for the universities and colleges where you will be applying, to ensure you meet testing deadlines.

What about entry requirements to community college?

What are entry testing requirements for CSU? California State Universities require SAT or ACT with writing.

What are entry requirements for UC? The University of California system require the SAT or ACT with writing, plus two SAT Subject Tests. Some campuses prefer certain subject tests depending on campus and major. See the individual UC sites for more information.

What tests do I need for private college? Private colleges and universities require the SAT Reasoning or ACT with writing. Some private schools do not require the writing test. See the individual websites for each individual school for admission requirements. It is best to take the writing portion when you test, in case it is required. If it is not, it will not be considered or count against you.

Highly selective private colleges and universities also require two or three SAT Subject Tests. See individual school websites for admission requirements. Some campuses prefer certain subject test depending on major.
Community colleges do not require any entrance exams. However, you will be required to take math and English placement tests when applying to determine your levels for course enrollment.

Do I have to take AP Tests? No. If you are enrolled in an Advanced Placement (AP) course you are not required to take the AP test for that course in the spring to earn the weighted credit. Advanced Placement (AP) tests will be given at University City High School in May, and if you are interested in potentially earning college credit for the AP course(s) you are taking, you will need to sign up in the financial office during the registration period. For more information see your AP teacher, visit the College Board website (, or see  Ms.Barnier in counseling.