Our school was originally built in 1924, and our new modern campus started with a new building built in 1973, and expanded and enhanced many times since. The school is well maintained while its many beautiful murals and student artwork give our school a pleasing appearance. Students feel proud of their school and contribute to its cleanliness.
Providing safe and well-maintained schools is a top priority for the school district. To ensure that all classrooms and facilities are maintained in a manner that supports instruction, a scheduled maintenance program is administered by the district.
To further support learning, a variety of tutoring areas, such as tables with umbrellas and resource rooms are available. A literacy garden, which adjoins the counseling center, supports students who choose to read during recess.
Teachers have access to a centralized workroom, reading resource room, staff-development room, a multi-purpose media room, and a room for adaptive physical education.
Improvements are underway with funding from Proposition S. Improvements include state-of-the art wiring for technology.
The school's location is convenient to the Interstates 5 and 805 and National Avenue.