The focus for education at Innovation Middle School (iMiddle) is Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM). We offer this rigorous curriculum embedded in 21st century technology skills and in a reduced class-size setting. The talented and collaborative staff combines ability and passion to utilize technology in their everyday teaching in order to thoughtfully engage all students. With projects that include podcasts, WebQuests, videoconferencing and video production, a 1:1 school to home laptop program, Web 2.0 tools, a variety of software, and digital content, iMiddle students learn first and foremost by doing and actively participating in the learning process. We intend to present authentic, challenging, and meaningful experiences which require students to solve practical, real world problems and apply technology to meet California Standards for Education. At iMiddle, we intend to inspire not simply science and math students, but scientists and mathematicians and are seeking to nurture the next generation of leaders.
At Innovation Middle School you can look forward to:
- 7th and 8th grades only
- Reduced class-size and a small neighborhood school atmosphere
- Interactive digital classroom environments with Promethean ActivBoards and ActivExpressions
- Project Based Learning opportunities, including Gateway to Technology pre-engineering courses
- Technology in every class & hands-on, web-based learning
- 1:1 school to home program for every student, now part of the Federal government Learning on the Go grant!
- A fully functioning GATE and Seminar program
- AVID, Video Production, Exploring Computers, Tech Support Services, Multi-media Yearbook, Spanish 1-2 and 3-4 elective courses offered
- Pre-Algebra or Algebra offered to 7th grade students and Algebra or Geometry for 8th grade students
- PrimeTime (formerly “6 to 6”) after school program and many after school activities, including competitive football and soccer, fitness, academic tutoring, robotics, and more!
- Strong community involvement and support
- Nationally Board Certified, Apple Distinguished, California League of Middle Schools Educators of the Year, and Google Academy Educators
- Partnerships with Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, Apple, LMI Aerospace, USD, UCSD, ATT, Time Warner Cable, and others
The mission of Innovation Middle School is to inspire students to be intellectually prepared and engaged in a curriculum focused on the integration of science, technology, engineering and mathematics all with a deliberate worldview and commitment to character.