At Adams School, our students
learn through rigorous instruction that is carefully monitored and
responsive to student need. Our teaching staff is committed to providing
every child with experiences that solidify their understanding of
content areas in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social
Studies, Visual and Performing Arts, Health, and Physical Education.
addition, our students are recognized for their achievement in terms of
academics, behavior, and physical and social development.
Check out our activities and ask your teacher or in the office for how you can be involved.
- Science Lab--weekly hands-on Science lessons
- English Learner Support Teacher--supports English Language Development for all students
- i21 Technology in Grades 1-5 (kindergarten to be added 2014!)
- Visual and Performing Arts--includes integrated lessons in Grades K-2 and Exploratory Visual Arts Grade 3
- Family Wednesdays--monthly dialogue with the principal and parent participation in all classrooms
- School Garden
- Project Impact--Student and Family Counseling (through Price Charities)
- Computer Lab--intervention and enrichment technology
- Family Reading Night
- Family Science Night
- Partnership with San Diego Natural History Museum
- Ocean Discovery--hands-on Science lessons and field trip extensions
- Field Trips--extensions of classroom learning
Teacher Community Organization meets monthly to plan movie nights,
dances, school clean up days, and fund raising activities