Student Application Process
STEP 1: Is iHigh right for you?
The online learning environment is not for everyone. To determine if you have the skills necessary to succeed at iHigh Virtual Academy, print the iHigh Readiness for Online Learning Quiz , which consists of 10 multiple-choice questions. Then, use the answer key to determine your score.
STEP 2: Submit Application
Taking the Readiness Quiz should provide a good idea of whether the iHigh online program is a good match for your learning style and skills. If you scored at least 25 out of 30 points and believe our program might be a good match for you, then please complete and submit the Admissions Application .
STEP 3: High School Transcript
If you currently attend an SDUSD school, then we have access to your transcript. Otherwise, please ask your current school to fax your most recent transcript (showing all high school coursework previously taken) to iHigh Virtual Academy: (619) 209-4566. We will contact you for an admissions interview upon receipt of your application and transcript.
STEP 4: District & Site Enrollment Forms and Documents
A parent or guardian must complete and sign the applicable enrollment forms. Please bring the completed forms to your admissions interview. All students will need to provide proof of residence (utility bill, rental agreement, etc.). We also need to verify that the whooping cough vaccination (Tdap) has been given sometime after age 7, as per CA state law. Students new to our district will need to provide a copy of the student's birth certificate and immunization record.
2) SDUSD 2013-14 Facts for Parents Handbook and Universal Signature Form Available August 2013
5) Request to Transfer Student Records (used to request school records from previous school)
6) California Immunization Registry Form (to authorize uploading immunization records to CA Immunization database)
7) Free & Reduced Price Meal Flyer (SDUSD online application will be available in mid-August)
9) Home Language Survey (only needed for students who are new to our district)