Student Application Process
STEP 1: Is iHigh right for you?
The online learning environment is not for everyone. To determine if your skills and learning style are a good match to succeed at iHigh Virtual Academy, please print and complete the iHigh Readiness for Online Learning Quiz, which consists of 10 multiple-choice questions. Then, use the answer key to determine your score.
STEP 2: Submit Application
Taking the Readiness Quiz should provide a good idea of whether the iHigh online program is a good match for your learning style and skills. If you scored at least 25 out of 30 points and believe our program might be a good match for you, then please complete and submit the online Admissions Application .
STEP 3: High School Transcript
If you currently attend an SDUSD school, then we have access to your transcript. For students applying from outside the district, please ask your current school to fax your most recent transcript (showing all high school coursework previously taken) to iHigh Virtual Academy: (619) 764-5484. We will contact you for an admissions interview upon receipt of your application and transcript.
STEP 4: District & Site 2014-15 Enrollment Forms and Documents
A parent or guardian must complete and sign the applicable enrollment forms. Please bring the completed forms to your admissions interview. All applicants must provide proof of residence (such as a utility bill, housing agreement, etc.). Students who live outside the district boundaries must provide an approved interdistrict transfer. Students new to the district must provide a copy of the student's birth certificate and immunization record.
5) Request to Transfer Student Records (to request school records from previous high school)
6) California Immunization Registry Form (for storing immunization records online)
9) Home Language Survey (needed for students who are new to our district)
10) Caregiver Affidavit (needed if anyone other than legal parent/guardian is registering a student under age 18)
12) Equipment Check-Out Form (must be signed by student/parent if checking out a netbook and/or printer)
13) Books/Materials List (tells which courses require books and replacement costs if lost or damaged)
14) On-Site Class Schedule (tells which courses require weekly on-site attendance)
15) Binder Due Dates (deadlines for students to submit one written assignment from each class to Supervising Teacher)
16) Special Course Agreement (required for any course for which iHigh pays an extra licensing fee - see course list)
17) Late Work and Drop Policy (students must follow pacing guide to avoid getting zeroes on coursework)
18) Student/Parent Handbook (students are required to know and follow school and district rules)
19) Staff Directory
QUESTIONS? Please email us at email@example.com or call 619-764-5440 x4593.