GETTING A GLIMPSE OF HISTORY.....
On May 21, 1958, four hundred and seventy-three students moved into the newly constructed elementary school. Built at a cost of $338,764.00, the school was named in honor of the late mayor of
Back in 1910, Mr. Knox started a dairy business in
Knox Elementary continued to thrive and reached a milestone by adding 7th Grade in 2007 and 8th Grade in 2008. This addition officially changed the school’s name to Harley E. Knox K-8 Preparatory School. In 2011, Knox Preparatory School began its transition to Harley E. Knox Middle School. Knox changed from a K-8 school to solely a middle school. Knox was composed of grades 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th for the first year and began as a 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Middle School in September 2012. Knox will be the main feeder middle school for Lincoln High School for the following years.
This year, Knox is projecting to house over 600 students who will be involved in a variety of exciting and innovative educational programs. Join us as we prepare to step into the future.