On February 23, 2010 the Board of Education directed the charging of a fee for student transportation with the exception of Special Education students with an IEP that specifies that transportation is required, students certified to receive Free or Reduced Lunch, or students with a household income below those identified on the Free Transportation Eligibility Scale. It is important to communicate with the transportation department and provide proof of your qualification for a fee waiver. Families who do not provide this proof or pay the fee when it is due will lose their transportation services.
Students who live outside of a five mile radius of CPMA qualify for transportation to our magnet program. Students who live in the iMiddle, Marston and Standley attendance areas do not not qualify. Most students who live in the Montgomery and Taft attendance areas also do not qualify, though there are a few exceptions.
Regular Buses Service
If you have problems or changes with your child's bus service, please contact Mrs. Spafford as soon as possible at 858-800-5550, extension 2291. It usually takes 2 weeks to get a change made, but Mrs. Spafford can give your student a pass to ride the new bus or go to a new stop before the change becomes official. Students must ride their assigned bus to their assigned stop. Drivers are not authorized to allow students to get off at other stops without a pass from the school, and we are not authorized to give students passes for alternate transportation without a parent's or guardian's written permission. To get a pass, the students must bring a signed note from the parent or guardian and give it to Mrs. Marshall in the main office or Mrs. Spafford in the magnet office by the end of lunchtime. In the note, please request the date the guest pass is needed, the bus route by letter and the specific stop required. We are not able to issue passes at the end of the day or out at buses. Students must take care of this business by the end of lunch.
Regular Buses Routes
Bus A Ericson Elementary
Miramar Ranch Elementary
Gold Coast Dr. @ Greenford Dr.
Santo Rd. @ Orleck St.
Gurnard @ Taussig
Juarez Elementary AM / Melbourne Dr. @ Rebecca Ave. PM
Greyling @ Pinecrest
Glidden St. @ Linda Vista Rd.
35th St. @ Adams AM / Adams Elementary PM
Winona @ El Cajon
39th @ Wightman
Thorn @ 45th
45th @ Orange
Altadena @ Sterling
Marlborough @ El Cajon
Gayle @ Hughes
Vista Grande @ Racine
Rolando @ Solita
52nd @ Maple
Federal @ 49th
Gateway @ Crenshaw
22nd @ K
28th @ A
24th @ E
Epsilon @ So. 40th AM / Balboa Elementary PM
Ocean View @ So. 40th
32nd @ Imperial
San Vicente St. @ Bonsall St. AM / Audubon Elementary PM
Brooklyn @ 65th
Roswell @ Kelton
Market @ 47th
Olvera @ Gwen
Porter North AM / So. 47th @ Ocean View PM
Paradise Valley @ Deep Dell Rd.
Alta View Dr. @ Paris Way
Rancho Hills Dr. @ Reo Dr.
Reo @ Alleghany
3193 Rosecrans Pl. (SPED stop)
2181/2179 Burroughs St. (SPED stop)
6358 Quillan St. (SPED stop)
Imperial @ Messina
Olive @ Fairmount
3584 41st St.
10190 O’Brien Pl.
10256 Cowell Ct. AM only
Together We Grow day care center, PM only
10269 Waldron Ct.
Echo Dell @ Bell Bluff
Bisby Lake @ Tommy Dr.
Airoso @ Bromley
Crystalaire @ Madra
3241 Buena Vista AM only
7635 San Vicente
Brandywood @ So. Woodman
Olvera Ave. @ Las Flores TR AM only
Nye Elementary PM only
4614 Wendell St.
5272 Auburn Dr. AM only
Univeristy @ 50th
Mission Gorge Pl @ Mission Gorge Rd. PM only
Olney @ Grand
Linda Rosa @ Midway
Soledad Mt. Rd. @ Caminito Blythfield
4414 Mayflower Way
Clove St. @ Dumas
Semillon @ Scripps TL
Forestview @ Pinefalls Ct.
Columbus @ Amantha
Aderman @ Wallingford
Late Activity BusesThe school district provides Late Activity buses on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Late activity buses will start operating the week of September 24, 2012. These buses give our students the opportunity to stay for tutoring, rehearsals, clubs or other after school activities. Students can only stay after school and take the late activity bus if they are under the supervision of a teacher or staff member. The supervising teacher will give students late bus passes. Students must have a late bus pass in order to ride the bus. Late bus passes will only be given by the supervising teacher and cannot be obtained from the office or another staff member.
The buses are scheduled to leave at 5:10 p.m., but sometimes they are late getting to CPMA because they are finishing a route for another school. The six late activity buses have been scheduled this year for express routing. Two stops per high school attendance boundary have been assigned. The children will be delivered to their residence neighborhood, but not necessarily to their regular stop. Many of the stops are farther than you will want your child to walk, and someone will need to pick them up from the bus stop. If the stop is too far from your home for your child to walk safely and you cannot pick your child up from the stop, your child should not stay after school or use the late activity bus. If you have a question about your child’s late bus stop, call Mrs. Spafford at 858-800-5551
The late bus routes, the stops and stop times are as follows:
LZ = School bus loading zone
- 5:28 pm Pacific Beach Elementary, LZ on Tourmaline St.
- 5:50 pm Sunset View Elementary, LZ 4365 Hill St.
- 5:59 pm Loma Portal Elementary, LZ on Browning St.
- 5:27 pm Goshen St. @ Linda Vista Rd.
- 5:43 pm Adams Elementary, LZ on 35TH St.
- 5:59 pm Carver Elementary, LZ on Juanita St.
- 6:08 pm Clay Elementary, LZ on Solita
- 5:25 pm Miller Elementary, LZ on Shields St.
- 5:43 pm Juarez Elementary, LZ in front of school
- 5:50 pm San Diego Mission Rd. @ Rancho Mission Rd.
- 5:56 pm Foster Elementary, LZ on 51ST
- 6:05 pm Dailard Elementary, LZ on Cibola Rd.
- 5:26 pm Florence Elementary, LZ on 1ST Ave.
- 5:34 pm Garfield Elementary, LZ on Monroe Ave.
- 5:41 pm McKinley Elementary LZ on Redwood St.
- 5:52 pm Sherman Elementary, LZ on K St. @ 22nd St.
- 5:56 pm Logan Elementary, LZ on Ocean View Blvd.
- 6:00 pm National Ave. @ So. 36th St.
- 6:04 pm Chavez Elementary
- 6:09 pm So. 49th St. @ Palin St. (Knox Elementary)
- 6:14 pm Chollas Elementary, LZ on Market St.
- 5:34 pm Challenger Middle School, LZ on Parkdale Ave.
- 5:43 pm Hage Elementary, LZ on Galvan Ave.
- 5:54 pm E. B. Scripps Elementary, LZ on Cypress Canyon
- 5:33 pm Horton Elementary, LZ on Guymon
- 5:42 pm Encanto Elementary, LZ on Broadway @ 65TH
- 5:49 pm Skyline Dr. @ So. Valencia Pkwy.
- 5:57 pm Audubon Elementary, LZ on Bonsall St.
- 6:03 pm Boone Elementary, LZ on Brookhaven Rd.
- 6:08 pm Zamorano Elementary, LZ on Casey St.
- 6:15 pm Lee Elementary, LZ 6196 Childs Ave.