Community Service Association (CSA)
Celebrating 57 Years
The Community Service Association of San Diego City Schools is a non-profit association organized to solicit contributions from district employees for recognized charitable agencies in San Diego County. Our purpose is to provide financial contributions to charitable organizations designed to support educational, health, and human services. In addition, we support the arts, research projects, and literary projects.
On November 15, Diane Harrelson, Vice Chair of CSA, along with Trustees Marty Stultz and Susan Levine, presents a check for $6,000 to Rebecca Benner, Program Manager of Children and Youth in Transition that assists military families, students in foster care, and students and their families experiencing homelessness.
L-R Marty Stultz, Rebecca Benner, Diane Harrelson, Susan Levine
History of CSAThe Community Service Association was organized as the result of meetings among employee organizations that felt the need for a contribution club similar to others in the city. A temporary Board of Directors met for the first time on February 6, 1956, and the San Diego City Schools Community Service Association (CSA) was incorporated under the laws of the State of California as a nonprofit corporation.
The Association derives its funds from contributions through the payroll deduction plan. Cash donations are also accepted.
How to Get InvolvedDistrict employees can get involved in CSA either by enrolling in the voluntary payroll deduction plan or by making a one-time contribution with a personal check. Payroll deduction forms are available under the Forms section of this website.