Our Campus and Facilities
Our campus began as 10 acres in what was then wilderness during the Great Depression. It grew as the beach communities matured. With the post-World War II growth boom in San Diego the school had grown so much it swapped places with the elementary school in 1950 to its present location. The current larger campus covers 13.5 acres.
The school's appearance is pleasing and well groomed, and students feel proud of their school and contribute to its cleanliness.
Providing safe and well-maintained schools is a top priority for the school district. To ensure that all classrooms and facilities are maintained in a manner that supports instruction, a scheduled maintenance program is administered by the district.
To further support learning, a variety of tutoring areas, such as tables with umbrellas and resource rooms are available. The covered lunch area open to an amphitheater where students gather during school and programs are held throughout the year. Teachers have access to a centralized workroom, reading resource room, a multi-purpose media room, and a room for adaptive physical education.There is no other place like PB Middle.