Prop S Project List
Ad hoc task force guiding principles were established to assist in developing educational facilities that:
- Are the heart and soul of the community.
- Have parity of the physical facilities and structures.
- Improve student learning
- and achievement.
- Improve accountability.
Site-Specific Bond Project List
The following needs were identified through a comprehensive planning process, which included input from school site representatives to cluster meetings, district departments and other assessment measures.
The language below will be included in the bond resolution:
Project Improvements to Support Student Learning and Instruction
- Install a wireless network (WIFI)
- Provide 21st century technology upgrades, including audiovisual projection capabilities for all students
School Improvements to Support Student Health, Safety and Security
- Provide campus-wide emergency communications system
- Improve student drop-off and pick-up area
- Expand parking area
- Install security lighting, as well as, increase vandalism and intrusion safeguards, including modifications to fencing
- Remove or minimize risks of any potentially hazardous material throughout the facility
Projects to Improve School Accessibility, Code Compliance Upgrades
- Renovate existing restrooms
- Improve accessibility to all classrooms, labs, restrooms, and other schoolfacilities to comply with accessibility regulations including ADA Title I & II
- Install three-compartment sink in kitchen
- Install a grease trap to comply with city regulations in the kitchen
- Repair/replace/remove old portable classrooms
Major Building Systems Repair/Replacement
- Repair site sidewalks and hardscape areas
- Repair/replace heating and ventilation systems as needed
- Repair/replace deteriorating plumbing and sewer systems
- Replace aging wiring and upgrade electrical systems as needed
- Repair/restore building interiors, exteriors, finishes and fixtures
- Repair/replace/upgrade performance spaces/multipurpose rooms