1. The Ceremony will take place in the new state of the art 41,000 sq. ft. ATLAS Ballroom.
2. Cost– $50.00 for Cadets and guests. SEE ONE OF THE INSTRUCTORS FOR A PERMISSION SLIP/PARENT CONTRACT! You mus t submit this with your payment!
3. Photos by a professional photographer are available for purchase.
4.March 13, 2015 - Last day to turn in money for tickets.
5. Directions to San Diego Town & Country Resort Hotel
Interstate 8 East (El Centro)
Take 2nd Hotel Circle Exit and turn left going under the overpass.
Interstate 8 West (Beaches)
Exit Hotel Circle and turn right.
Interstate 5 North or South
Exit onto Interstate 8 East (El Centro) and exit 2nd Hotel Circle exit, turnleft continuing under the overpass.
Interstate 805 North or South
Interstate 15 North or South & Hwy 163. Exit onto Interstate 8 West(Beaches), exit Hotel Circle and turn right.
6. Any request for vegetarian meals must be turned-in with payment.
7. Transportation.Cadets are responsible for their own transportation to and from The Town and Country Resort.
8. Only San Diego Unified School District Cadets and their guests are authorized to attend the Ball. Attendees must check in with their instructors at the Town & Country reception tables to receive their entrance tickets
9. Only authorized cadets and guests, in the proper uniform/attire will be allowed to enter the ball. This is a formal ball.Strict adherence to the following dress code is required for admittance.Purchase of a ticket does not authorize entry unless cadet/guest is properly dressed.
will receive a stamp on their wrist once they have been checked in.
After obtaining their wrist stamp, attendees will proceed to the
entrance table. Entrance to the dining area will open at 1800hrs.
2015 Cadet Ball
Schedule of Events
1730 Check In
1800 Ballroom Opens
1830 NLT Arrival Time for All
1900 Presenting colors
1915 – 2000 Dinner
2000 Court Forms
2020 Presentation of the Royal Court
2045 – 2330 Dancing
Uniform and Cadet Conduct
1.JROTC Cadet guidelines:
(a) Male cadets must wear the class A uniform and may wear a boutonniere.Coats will be worn until departure from the Town & Country.
(b) Female cadets have the option to wear a formal gown or the Class A uniform.
(c) Female guests who are not JROTC cadets must wear formal/semi-formal attire
(d) Male guests who are not JROTC cadets must wear formal/semi-formal attire. ENTRANCE WILL BE DENIED TO ANY MALE GUEST WHO IS NOT PROPERLY DRESSED.
(e) Sneakers and slippers are not allowed.
(f) THIS REQUIREMENT WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
(g) Do not wear your beret.
(h) For safety purposes, cadets will not be allowed to take shoes off during dance. Multiple sharp objects (medals, pins, ear rings) are dropped throughout the dance and may cause harm. Advise cadets to bring comfortable shoes.
2. General Functions: The Cadet Ball is a school sponsored function and the following mandatory rules will be strictly enforced.
(a) Cadets may leave the immediate ball area to have pictures taken in the foyer.
(b) Drinking intoxicating beverages and smoking is not permitted.
The San Diego Chapter of the MOWW annually sponsors ten cadets from San Diego JROTC programs to attend a Patriotic Education trip.
- Unlike previous years, instead of nominating two cadets to the selection board; Kearny JROTC will only nominate their most qualified Junior-class cadet.
Attached is the nomination form. The nominee must currently be in the 11th grade and a recommendation letter from two teachers is highly encouraged. Submit the nomination form, along with student essay and recommendation letter to COL Swann NLT January 20, 2015. STUDENT ESSAYS AND APPLICATIONS MUST BE TYPED OR LEGIBLY PRINTED. After Kearny JROTC selects our nominee, a board will interview cadets on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at the Revere Center. A schedule will be distributed once nominations are received. Additional Information follows:
Uniform: Class A/Blouse or Jacket for interview board.
Ensure parents approve participation before selection board. Last year we had a cadet selected and when informed their parents, they didn’t approve. I attached a letter that you can use to give preliminary parental consent.
c. Tentative date for Parent/Selectees/Chaperone meeting is Sat, February 28, 2015, 10am at the Revere Center.
Apply now to be the Kearny nominee to attend the selection board!
When you come back from Winter Break on Monday Jan 5, 2015 we will suit up for PE! Then on Friday Jan 9, 2015 we will wear our cadet uniforms for PICTURE DAY!
Kearny Spring Leadership Camp will be held 27-30 March 2015 at Mataguay Scout Ranch. This is a fun event that will include camping in tents, bonfires, hiking, fist aide skills, CPR, and adventure training! Cadets that return for the second semester have priority of attendance. First semester cadets can apply now. If you currently do not have JROTC for second semester, contact your small school office to schedule JROTC. Remember we have 0 and 5th period available for cadets that cannot take JROTC periods 1-4. If you would like to attend Spring Leadership Camp, fill out the application and return to COL Swann by the 9th of January 2015!
The report time at Kearny High School for our competition is 0600 on Saturday morning. Please, please, please be on time! We need to get ready and have a couple practice runs before our bus pick at 0830. Male cadets, make sure your SHAVE Saturday morning before coming to Kearny. Female cadets, please come to Kearny with your hair already done per regulation. This will allow us maximum time to get our uniforms ready and to practice!
REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR RANK, NAMETAG, AND SHOES! MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES ARE CLEAN!
This is your Battalion Commander,
The San Pasqual Battlefield Reenactment is coming up on Sunday, December 7th. We will only be taking about fifty cadets so the requirements to attend the San Pasqual Reenactment is to have at least a 2.0, no non-suits, and be passing your ROTC class with a “B” or higher. You must sign up on the Monday after Thanksgiving break. You will find the sign-in sheet on the ROTC bulletin board and Tuesday Colonel Swann will announce who will be going.
-Battalion Commander c/LTC Kassandra Gomez