· JROTC Cadets and Dignitaries fromSDUSD will participate in the 73nd Annual Cadet Ball at The Town& Country Resort, Atlas Ballroom, March 22, 2014 in order to honor militarytraditions, proper etiquette, customs and courtesies governing behavior at asocial event.
1. The Ceremony will take place in the new state of the art41,000 sq. ft. ATLAS Ballroom.
2. Cost– $50.00 for Cadets and guests. SEEONE OF THE INSTRUCTORS FOR A PERMISSION SLIP/PARENT CONTRACT! You mustsubmit this with your payment!
3. Photos by a professionalphotographer are available for purchase.
4.March 12, 2014 - Last day to turn inmoney for tickets.
5. Directions toSan Diego Town & Country Resort Hotel
Interstate 8 East(El Centro)
Take 2nd Hotel Circle Exit and turn left going under the overpass.
Interstate 8 West (Beaches)
Exit Hotel Circle and turn right.
Interstate 5 North or South
Exit onto Interstate 8 East (El Centro) and exit 2nd Hotel Circle exit, turnleft continuing under the overpass.
Interstate 805 North or South
Interstate 15 North or South & Hwy 163. Exit onto Interstate 8 West(Beaches), exit Hotel Circle and turn right.
6. Any request for vegetarian meals must be turned-in withpayment.
7. Transportation.Cadets are responsible for their own transportation to and from The Town andCountry Resort.
8. Only San Diego Unified School District Cadets and theirguests are authorized to attend the Ball. Attendees must check in with theirinstructors at the Town & Country reception tables to receive theirentrance tickets
9. Only authorized cadets and guests, in the properuniform/attire will be allowed to enter the ball. This is a formal ball.Strict adherence to the following dress code is required for admittance.Purchase of a ticket does not authorize entry unless cadet/guest is properlydressed.
Attendeeswill receive a stamp on their wrist once they have been checked in. Afterobtaining their wrist stamp, attendees will proceed to the entrance table.Entrance to the dining area will open at 1800hrs.
2014 Cadet Ball
Schedule of Events
1830 NLTArrival Time for All
1915 – 2000 Dinner
2020 Presentationof the Royal Court
2045 – 2330 Dancing
Uniform and Cadet Conduct
1.JROTC Cadet guidelines:
(a) Male cadets mustwear the class A uniform, with a black bow tie, and may wear a boutonniere.Coats will be worn until departure from the Town & Country.
(b) Female cadets havethe option to wear aformal gown or the Class A uniform with bowtie.
(c) Female guests whoare not JROTC cadets must wear formal/semi-formal attire
(d) Male guests whoare not JROTC cadets must wear formal/semi-formal attire. ENTRANCEWILL BE DENIED TO ANY MALE GUEST WHO IS NOT PROPERLY DRESSED.
(e) Sneakers andslippers are not allowed.
(f) THISREQUIREMENT WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
(g) Headgear is notrequired and will not be brought into the building.
(h) For safety purposes, cadets will not be allowed to takeshoes off during dance. Multiple sharp objects (medals, pins, ear rings) aredropped throughout the dance and may cause harm. Advise cadets to bringcomfortable shoes.
2. General Functions: The Cadet Ball is a school sponsoredfunction and the following mandatory rules will be strictly enforced.
(a) Cadetsmay leave the immediate ball area to have pictures taken in the foyer.
(b) Drinkingintoxicating beverages and smoking is not permitted.