Saturday School is an opportunity for students to make up time they have missed due to absences. Saturday School is staffed by credentialed teachers who are ready and willing to tutor your child on their school work. It operates from mid-September through mid-May on selected Saturdays from 7:55 am till noon. Students may be assigned Saturday School for unexcused absences, or may voluntarily come to clear excused absences. It does not necessarily remove truancies from individual classes for the purposes of grade calculations by teachers. Students who have more than one truancy may be put on an attendance contract. Students may be suspended for violation of the contract. Students who do not attend assigned Saturday school will remain on the LOP list. Each Saturday school clears one full day of absence. Notices to class and phone calls home are provided as reminders to students but it is the student’s responsibility to attend. Students may attend without receiving a notice or phone call.
2012-2013 Saturday School Dates for Spring Semester:
1. Meet your Saturday School teacher at the Patriot Statue at 7:55am.
2. Saturday School is held from 8:00am - noon.
3. All students must have a photo ID to be admitted for credit
4. You are required to bring enough academic work to last the entire four hours. You should also bring a book to read should you finish your academic work early.
5. One ten-minute break will be given during the four-hour session. You will be allowed to go to the bathroom only during the break, so plan accordingly. Failure to return on time will result in dismissal without credit.
6. If you leave at any time during the session or are asked to leave by the supervisor, you will not receive credit for the day.
For further assistance, please contact your councilor: