Giving Parents the Power to Directly Impact Their Own Child’s Classroom Experience
The Ericson PTA is made up of a dedicated and strong group of parents, teachers and staff who are committed to supporting and enhancing the educational experience for all students at Ericson Elementary. Our purpose is to work together to promote the welfare of the children at Ericson Elementary through Fundraising and enrichment programs and activities for students and families.
The executive board meets during the second Wednesday of each month. Unit meetings are held three or four times a year. Look for the membership envelope during the month of October and join to demonstrate your support.
We invite you to participate by joining the PTA and/or volunteering for events benefiting the Ericson Community. We welcome all levels of participation and will work with you to find an opportunity for you to help once, or often, throughout the year.
The Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.