Welcome to the Counseling Corner
Message from Mrs. Alabanza-de la Cruz our School Counselor:
As Jones' Elementary School Counselor, it is my passion and objective to assist students in reaching their fullest potential and become effective learners.
As your School Counselor, my goal for our Counseling Center is to be able to complement the learning environment in the classroom by using a child-centered, preventative, and developmental approach. My counseling services will be implemented with students by way of individual/small group counseling sessions, guidance lessons and read-alouds in the classroom.
Jones Chacrater Counts! for May 12-13 School Year
A person of character is trustworthy, lives with integrity, is honest, reliable and loyal.
Great Things Are Coming Out of the Counseling Office:
- WeeklyCelebration of the Classroom who had the Best Overall Percentage of Attendance-Winning classroomwill house the "Best Attendance Trophy" for theweek.
- Monthly recognition of the classroom that had the Best Attendance For the Month-Winning classroom iscongratulated with a Pizza Party from Mrs. Powell, ourSchoolPrincipal.
- “Perfect Attendance”-Every time a class has ALL their classmates present & on-time they can color aletterfrom “Perfect Attendance”. Once the class colors all the letters of “Perfect Attendance” theyreceive a prizes from Mrs. Powell'sTreasure Box.
- Character Counts!: School-wide, student and staff are focusing on the character trait of the month,this month it is,“Responsibility”.
- Every week students are working on their academics and personal/social goals, “On The Road to Success”.
- Every week students are learning and practicing on how to make "HELPFUL" choices, verses "HURTFUL"choices.