Bayview Terrace Elementary School has a uniform policy for all students, which focuses on maintaining a safe, orderly campus and emphasizes creating a positive learning and teaching environment. All students are expected to follow the uniform policy on a daily basis with the exception of Wednesday. If parents/guardians have a concern with this policy, please feel free to contact the principal
. Every teacher has the responsibility to enforce the uniform expectations:
- Solid denim, navy, light blue, white or khaki tan slacks, pants, shorts, skirts, dresses or jumpers.
- Collared shirts may be a combination of navy blue, white or khaki tan.
- Navy blue or white crew neck T-shirts with school logo or logo free.
- Outerwear (jackets/sweatshirts) in preferred colors of navy blue, white or khaki tan.
All staff members have the responsibility as professionals and role models to dress professionally every day. Jeans are not professional attire.
Bayview Terrace Standard Dress Code for School Spirit Days (Wednesdays)
On Wednesdays, all students will dress in clothing that:
- maintains a positive educational environment, free from distraction or drawing attention to the student.
- is free of any advertisement.
- is free of any depictions/illustrations.
- fits neatly at the waist without "sagging" or having an excessively tight fit.
- appropriately covers the body; that is, no bare midriffs, low v-necks, scoops, tank tops, muscle shirts, spaghetti straps, short shorts, high side seam cut shorts/skirts; appropriate shoes that are not open-toed or high-heeled.
- shorts must be worn at mid-thigh.
- hats/caps must be navy blue, white or khaki tan, and are permitted only during PE and recess. Hats may not be worn inside classrooms.
The principal may approve exceptions to the dress code for unusual situations or for specific events, such as spirit days.