MONTGOMERY LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR STUDENTS
· Textbooks are issued to you during the first week of school through your Math class.
Library Material Borrowing Procedure:
o You must show your current school I.D. card to check out library materials
o Students without ID cards may borrow from a limited selection of paperbacks solely at the discretion of library staff
· Books are checked out for TWO WEEKS and may be renewed if they are not reserved.
· The fine for an OVERDUE book is 5 cents per school day.
Lost, damaged or stolen Textbooks or Library Books:
Students are responsible for all materials checked out on their account.
· All lost, damaged, or stolen books must be paid for. If necessary, arrange payment plans with library staff. Refunds will be issued if lost books are found.
· Students with library or textbook indebtedness may not be issued library books and may not be able to purchase dance tickets, receive yearbooks, or participate in extracurricular activities i.e. sports, plays, competitions, etc.
· Small groups or single student visits:
a. during Class Time: OFFICIAL passes, signatures in planners or classroom clipboards are required
b. Lunch: No passes required but strict compliance with Library User Rights and Responsibilities is expected and enforced
i. Lunch procedure and expected behavior:
1. Upon entry, sign in by writing your full name and time in.
2. Pick up a “Library Lunch Pass” and be prepared to show it to a student helper or library staff at any time you are in the library.
3. The library is free for you to explore, read, and borrow books, study, and do research. Strict adherence to the SDUSD Internet Use Policy is enforced. Group study is encouraged as long as voice level is kept conversational.
4. Before leaving, show respect and tuck in your chair and pick up any trash, etc. Show courtesy.
5. Upon exit, sign out and place lunch pass in bin.
ii. Consequences for violations
2. Leave the library for the day
3. Campus Beautification
4. Lunch detention
5. Regular use revoked. Can visit the LMC only with a teacher or staff.
1. Just as in class, on occasion you may receive a Montgomery Way to Go for proper behavior in the library.
2. Good patrons get great service from staff. Who knows when the library staff could find the perfect book or Website for you?
· Class visits
a. Follow all directions given by library staff and your teacher