Dear Rodriguez Families,
Testing is over and now we are on the home stretch to our summer break. We still have lots of events coming up such as our Kinder Raising A Reader end of the year event, 5th grade activities and a few more fieldtrips. Its been a hard working year and your students have learned new ways to conceptually think, write, interpret and figure out math via Number Talk. We thank you for supporting your children along the way. Our last day of school will June 11th and it is a modified day which ends at 12:45am. Students will be gone for the summer break and back on Tuesday September 3rd, 2013. We hope you truly enjoy this summer and so exciting fun family activities. Best wishes.
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- May 22nd Program Options Meeting (library 4:30pm)
- May 23rd Program Options Meeting (library 8:30am)
- May 27th MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY-No School
- May 30th 5th grade Awards night (auditorium 6:00pm)
- June 5th KICKBALL Staff vs. 5th graders (field/9:30am)
- June 11th MODIFIED DAY (8:30-12:45)
- June 11th 5th grade promotion (11:00am/auditorium)
A friendly reminder that line up will begin at 8:10 on the lower playground by classroom. At 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up and the start of the day is at 8:30am with breakfast in the classroom. We will continue with Wednesday as our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm. Uniform shirts will be on sale in the main office with the school name embroidered. School Pride colors are baby blue and khaki!
We have a NEW section under PARENTS that talks about how to DONATE TO OUR SCHOOL. Through Target and eScrip you can redirect a certain percentage of purchases from many merchants towards Rodriguez Elementary. It's another way that will help us in fundraising.
- Rodriguez Elementary is located at the edge of the Logan Heights area. Our new school was funded by Proposition MM in 2007. Our namesake, Laura G. Rodriguez, founded Chicano Park and the Logan Heights Family Health Center. She was a pillar of our community who embodied the spirit of the barrio. Our school provides a safe environment that celebrates Laura G. Rodriguez's way of life. The qualities she demonstrated are respect, responsibility and being a positive role model. We want our students to emulate these qualities, learn from her civic activism and to give back to their community.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.