Interested in composting salad bar waste for your school garden?
SDUSD's Farm to School program can help.
If your school garden group is interested in composting salad bar waste from your cafeteria for an instructional garden please follow the steps below.
The steps to collect salad bar food waste:
1. Ask your principal if composting on campus is an approved activity,
2. If approved by the principal, contact the Farm to School Coordinator Vanessa Zajfen at email@example.com or 858 627 7310,
3. Set up a collection time table with Ms. Zajfen and cafeteria staff,
4. Set up your collection station,
5. Collect waste.
1. A trash can with wheels and lid that stays at the cafeteria,
2. A designated student to pick up waste at least twice a week,
3. A safe and secure place to compost waste on school site.