Mr. Frank Drake
Period 1 Prep
Period 2 Government
Period 3 Government
Period 4 Government
Period 5 Government
Period 6 Economics
During lunch and after school except Fridays
Social Studies Department Policies
Below are the guidelines that are followed in all of the Social Studies classes. These guidelines must appear on our syllabus.
The standard Grading Scale will be applied in all classes.
90%-100% - A
80%-89% - B
70%-79% - C
Anything Below 60% is an F
Daily homework assignments WILL BE DUE on time, at the beginning of the
class period. No late work will be accepted.
Make up work will only be allowed in the case of an excused absence.
Make up work will be due the following school day, upon student’s return to class
Being prepared for class, which includes, having your textbook, and all materials that are necessary will be factored into both your academic and citizenship grades.
Each student must do their own work.
The following is considered Cheating
• Copying someone else’s work for this or any other class
• Allowing someone to copy your work for this or any other class
• Looking at someone else’s work during a quiz or test
Anyone caught cheating will face dire consequences.
• 1st offense –will result in a “U” in the Citizenship and an F for the six week progress report.
• 2nd time- will result in an “F” on semester Report card and a “U” in citizenship
No make-up work for unexcused absences
Unexcused absences effect both your citizenship and academic grade
Each period absence MUST be excused.
More than ten absences from any one class may result in a failing grade in that class.
School wide tardy policy will be enforced. The citizenship grades for tardies are not cumulative. They start over with every 6 week grading period.
.Citizenship grade Number of tardies
U 6 or more
Will be based on the following: following the school and classroom rules; behavior; tardies; academic honesty; adherence to dress code and electronics policy
Electronics Policy: NO electronic devices will be allowed in class (i.e., cell phones,
I-pods, other portable music or game devices).No part of any electronic device may be visible whether it is on or not! Those brought to class will be confiscated.
EXPECTED SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING RESULTS (ESLRS).
1. Communicate Effectively
• Read, write, speak, listen and respond thoughtfully
• Demonstrate mastery of content-area standards
• Exhibit skills necessary for lifelong learning
• Demonstrate career knowledge and job acquisition skills
2. Think Critically and Problem Solve
• Demonstrate ability to use reasoning skills to solve complex problems with-in content are standards
• Apply intellectual curiosity and independent learning
• Utilize technology appropriately to gain information and solve problems
3. Practice Responsible citizenship through positive social and interpersonal skills
• Be honest and principled
• Show respect for self and others
• Celebrate cultural diversity
• Maintain a healthy lifestyle
• Value and practice community service
• Work productively as members of a local community and global society
Student Connect and Parent Connect
All students and parents are encouraged to use Student Connect and Parent Connect to view class assignments, attendance, and grades. Both sites require a username and password. Please refer to the Student/Parent Handbook for detailed information about using these sites and obtaining login information.
Student Connect website: https://zangle.sandi.net/studentconnect/
Parent Connect website: https://zangle.sandi.net/parentconnect/