Our School Facilities
Thanks to community support through two historic bond measures, our school looks great for its age -- it was built in 1943. Students feel proud of their school, and contribute to its cleanliness.
Providing safe and well-maintained schools is a top priority for the district. To ensure that all classrooms and facilities are maintained in a manner that supports instruction, a scheduled maintenance program is administered by the district.
To further support learning, a variety of tutoring areas, such as tables with umbrellas and resource rooms are available. A literacy garden, which adjoins the counseling center, supports students who choose to read during recess.
Teachers have access to a centralized workroom, reading resource room, staff-development room, a multi-purpose media room, and a room for adaptive physical education.
Improvements are underway with funding from Proposition S.
• Install a wireless network (WIFI)
• Provide 21st century technology upgrades, including audiovisual projection capabilities for all students
• Provide campus-wide emergency communications system
• Expand parking area and improve student drop-off area
• Install security lighting, as well as, increase vandalism and intrusion safeguards, including modifications to fencing
• Remove or minimize risks of any potentially hazardous material throughout the facility
• Renovate existing restrooms
• Improve accessibility to all classrooms, labs, restrooms, and other school facilities to comply with accessibility regulations including ADA Title I & II
• Install three-compartment sink in kitchen
• Install a grease trap to comply with city regulations in the kitchen
• Repair/replace/remove old portable classrooms
• Repair/replace heating and ventilation systems as needed
• Repair/restore building interiors, exteriors, finishes and fixtures
• Repair/replace deteriorating plumbing and sewer systems
• Replace aging wiring and upgrade electrical systems as needed
• Repair/resurface worn and damaged concrete and asphalt paving where needed
• Repair and replace gutters, downspouts, catch-basins and underground piping as needed
• Repair/replace/upgrade performance spaces/multipurpose rooms