San Diego Unified School District
Madison High School
TITLE I PARENT INVOLVEMENT POLICY
- In the fall, an annual meeting will be held to share with parents the Title I program and its requirements.
- Madison High School will provide a minimum of five meetings to allow for parent involvement. These meetings will be scheduled by the school in languages appropriate for the parent groups. Topics covered during the meeting will include:
· improving communicationbetween the school and home;
· discussing current studentassessment data and student progress;
· providing information aboutschool and district resources for student academic improvement;
· evaluating the effectivenessof the school's parent involvement policy to increase parent participation inTitle I activities;
· conferencing with teachers;
· providing training programsto help parents support and work with their children at home and at school.
- Parental input from the parent meetings and training session will be shared with the School Site Council (SSC) to provide an organized, ongoing timely way of involving parents in the planning, review, and decision making for improvement of the program.
- The school-wide parent newsletter is mailed home informing parents/community of all meetings of interest. For special meetings, targeted language groups receive notice in their language. The school newsletter is used to advertise parent meetings and training sessions offered at Madison High School, the District Advisory Council's Harold J. Ballard Parent Center, Parent University, and throughout the district. Every attempt is made to contact parents in the language of the parents.
- During parent meetings, opportunities will be provided for parental suggestions. These suggestions will be reviewed in a timely fashion and, if possible, responses will be given by the next scheduled meeting. Topics that are appropriate for SSC review/action will be placed on the agenda for the next regularly scheduled meeting by the school administration.
- Parents are notified annually of the individual student assessment results by the Research and Reporting Department and the Testing Department. An explanation of the information is available in several languages.
Approved by Madison High School Site Council on September27, 2011.