Mr. Pitts, Intervention Class
Click here for the class Moodle Website. You will need to open Firefox to use it and have been enrolled!
All I ask of any student is try their best to be successful.
What does it mean to be trying?
What are some things someone who is trying does?
Are you doing them?______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This Week of 3/4/2013 - 3/8/2013:
At present, many students are presently not passing this class. The reason is that many students are not making an attempt to complete their work, get help, or do their work accurately. There is plenty of time left for grades to be raised to passing if students start today to complete and understand their work accurately.
This week's Group Projects are due Friday 2/22!
3/4 - Factors of Polynomials
3/5 - Factoring Simple Polynomials
3/6 - Factoring Simple Polynomials
3/7 - Factoring Simple Polynomials
3/8 - Quiz!
See Mr. Pitts before and after school for extra help!
Welcome Welcome to the Intervention Class Webpage! The Intervention class is designed to help the student better understand math and increase the student's confidence, understanding, completion of work, and success.
You should be aware of a few things:
1) Expect to work in this class. The only way one will learn a subject, like math, is through doing the work, getting help for the things one doesn't understand, have a good attitude, try, and be persistent.
3) Students: You know you can see me before school, during lunch, and after school for help. Don't wait until the last minute for help! You also know you should be studying every night for all your classes.
4) Homework is not the same as studying. You should study and do your homework on those nights that you have homework. If you don't have homework, you should still be studying your school subjects - and quizzing yourself on your knowledge of the current subject matter.
5) Studying should be done nightly and for a minimum of 10 minutes per class! This is quality studying or studying smart! You should be paying attention in class taking good Cornell Notes. The Cornell Notes are an excellent tool to use when studying.
6) The most successful method of studying I know of is to quiz your self or have someone else quiz you using your Cornell Notes.