Dear Parents and Community Members,
Welcome to Pacific Beach Elementary School! If you are new to our school you will soon find out that we are very proud of our community of learners made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, and active and involved parents and volunteers. We are all committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Pacific Beach Elementary.
We are proud to be a part of San Diego Unified School District. The district's mission of raising student achievement is being achieved through providing a rigorous curriculum to meet California state standards and intensive staff development for our teachers. In addition to the core curriculum, other important features of our educational environment are:
- All of our classrooms have internet access.
- We offer music instruction led by credentialed teachers incorporating choral music for all students and instrumental music for 4th and 5th graders.
- Formal art lessons are provided by volunteer parents based on the ArtsAttack curriculum and instructional guidelines.
As a parent or guardian, you play a crucial role. We must all work together to maximize success. I am extending an open invitation for you to get involved.
- Talk to your children about what they are learning and doing in school.
- Participate in school events (see the calendar of events).
- Volunteer in the classroom.
- Join our highly active PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary (FOPBE).
- Discover your interest in joining the School Site Council (SSC) or the English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC), two other important parent organizations.
Besides the ways mentioned, there are many other enrichment programs, fundraising projects and community relations efforts that you can help with. Find your special niche or interest. There are more ways than ever before for you to become involved in school life. Our PTO (FOPBE) is an excellent place for you to start getting active. FOPBE provides cultural enrichment through a series of assemblies, hosts community events such as our Variety show, and provides after-school activities such as Mad Science, Chess, and Spanish for a reasonable cost. Parents organize cultural festivals that are both entertaining and educational.
If you are the parent of a prospective student, we invite you to visit our school. School tours are available on request, and our office staff is eager to tell you about all the programs that make Pacific Beach Elementary a distinctly special place to educate your child.
We look forward to working with you and your child in a team effort to provide the best education possible for each of our students. Together we can do it!
For our students, Sherry Turner