Hello Rodriguez Family and Staff,
Welcome back and Happy New Year. School returns to session on January 5th, 2015. We want to wish you all a joyful new beginning and hoping this year brings many wonderful things to you and your family.
Family Wednesdays are once a month in the morning. Our next Family Wednesday will be, January 21st.
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- January 6th, SSC meeting
- January 9th. Area Superintendent visit
- January 14th, Area 5 Principal's Mtg at Rodriguez
- January 15th, Program Options Mtg-Auditorium 8:40-9:40
- January 19th, NO SCHOOL, Holiday Martin L. King Jr.
- January 20th, Program Options Mtg-Library 5:30-6:30
- January 21st, Family Wednesday/Coffee with the Principal (8:30-10:30/classes & auditorium)
- January 29th, DELAC Meeting, Ballard Center 6:30-9:30pm
- February 5th, ELAC meeting, Community Room 8:40-9:40am
- February 10th, SSC Meeting, Library 3:20-5:00pm
- February 13th & 16th, NO SCHOOL, Holidays-Presidents' Weekend
- February 23rd, San Diego High Cluster Meeting (5:30-7:30pm /San Diego High School Library)
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
A friendly reminder:
- Gates open at 8:10 for line up on the lower playground.
- 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up .
- 8:30am is the start of breakfast in the classroom.
- Wednesday is our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm.
Our school went up 22 points in the API!
We grew 9% in Mathematics.
Our 4th graders had a 24% increase in the STAR Writing test since 2011.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We will be introducing Family Wednesday once a month to support content area, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children and followed up with Coffee with the Principal as well.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.