Hello Rodriguez Family and Staff,
Next week is our Thanksgiving Break off. We want to wish you all a joyful time with family and friends. We hope you find gratitude and find things to be thankful for. We wish you all rest and joy next week.
Family Wednesdays are once a month in the morning. Our next Family Wednesday will be, December 17th.
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- November 21st Parent Workshop-The Imortance to teach Spanish At Home
- November 24-28 THANKSGIVING BREAK No School
- December 3rd, Kinder parent workshop from Raising a Reader (8:40am/auditorium)
- DEcember 5th, ELAC (8:40am/Parent Center)
- December 8th, SDHSC (5:30-7:30pm /San Diego High School Library)
- December 9th SSC Meeting (3:20pm Library)
- December 17th, Family Wednesday (8:30-10:30/classes & audiotrium)
- December 19th, Modified Day
- December 20th-Jan. 4th, WINTER BREAK/No School
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
A friendly reminder:
- Gates open at 8:10 for line up on the lower playground.
- 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up .
- 8:30am is the start of breakfast in the classroom.
- Wednesday is our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm.
Our school went up 22 points in the API!
We grew 9% in Mathematics.
Our 4th graders had a 24% increase in the STAR Writing test since 2011.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We will be introducing Family Wednesday once a month to support content area, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children and followed up with Coffee with the Principal as well.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.