Family Wednesdays are once a month in the morning. We have our ASb students lead us in the morning assembly on the lower playground, followed by learning in the classroom. We then invite parents over to the auditorium for Coffee With The Principal. Its is also a gathering of our parents to provide information on PTA, ELAC and other parent involvement opportunities.
Please help us lift our school spirit and pride with promoting our school colors and uniform weekly and reward best primary and upper grade classes each month at the Family Wednesday. We will be monitoring and honoring the highest school uniform classes each month and get class awards for it. Laura Rodriguez loved baby blue and so that is the color we use as our main school color. We encourage children to wear baby blue and navy blue tops along with khaki or jean pants. Let’s keep the spirit alive at Rodriguez. Once again welcome back and we are moving forward with growth and pride!
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- February 12th FAMILY Wednesday
- 8:30-8:45 lower playground assembly
- 8:45-9:30 classroom activity
- 9:30-10:30 coffee with principal
- February 14th NO SCHOOL. Holiday. Washington's Birthday
- February 17th NO SCHOOL. Holiday. Lincoln's Birthday
- March 12th FAMILY Wednesday
- March 24th-28th PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES. Modified Days
- March 29th-Apr 6th SPRING BREAK. NO SCHOOL
A friendly reminder:
- Gates open at 8:10 for line up on the lower playground.
- 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up .
- 8:30am is the start of breakfast in the classroom.
- Wednesday is our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm.
Our school went up 22 points in the API!
We grew 9% in Mathematics.
Our 4th graders had a 24% increase in the STAR Writing test since 2011.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We will be introducing Family Wednesday once a month to support content area, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children and followed up with Coffee with the Principal as well.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.