Hello Rodriguez Family and Staff,
April is flying by quickly. We have 8 more weeks of school until June 15th, our last day. As we prepare for our 3rd through 5th grade students take the State SBAC online test mid May. The last 2 years we have been working on supporting their understanding using Common Core Standards in Mathematics and Reading with teachers and have provided at Coffee with The Principal, parent presentations on what Common Core looks like in the classroom.We hope our students will be ready to take on this new state test and show their strong thinking in Math and Literacy.
Family Wednesdays/Coffee With the Principal are once a month in the morning. Our next Family Wednesday will be, April 29th. Our focus will be on Social Studies.
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- April 7th, SSC Meeting, Library 3:20-5:00pm
- April 11th Campus Beautification Day, 9am-11am, lunchcourt-meet up
- April 13th SGT School Goverance Team Meeting, Room 503 3:20-4:20pm
- April 29th, Family Wednesday/Coffee with the Principal (8:30-10:30/classes & auditorium)
- April 30th, Movie Night-Appreciation of Grandparents.
- May 5th, SSC Meeting, Library 3:20-5:00pm
- May 7th, ELAC meeting, Community Room 8:40-9:40am
- May 11th, San Diego High Cluster Meeting (5:30-7:30pm /San Diego High School Library)
- May 25th, Memorial Day, No School
- June 15th, Modified Day and 5th grade promotion at 11:00am.
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
A friendly reminder:
- Gates open at 8:10 for line up on the lower playground.
- 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up .
- 8:30am is the start of breakfast in the classroom.
- Wednesday is our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We introduced Family Wednesdays once a month to support content area, Common Core learning, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.