Hello Rodriguez Family and Staff,
SBAC testing (state wide online assessments) is in full gear. All 3rd-5th students will have started or will start the new state test online called the Smarter Balance Assessment Consortium (SBAC). Its a trial run on the online testing system. This testing window will run until May 16th. We hope it provides us feedback on what technology needs we need and how kids do with this new format. We will be testing the TEST this year.
School Messenger is our new phone outreach system. this is a way to better reach and communicate about school events and informational items. Please read more about School messenger by clicking on the following link. Thank you
Family Wednesdays are once a month in the morning. We have our ASB students lead us in the morning assembly on the lower playground, followed by learning in the classroom. We then invite parents over to the auditorium for Coffee With The Principal. Its is also a gathering of our parents to provide information on PTA, ELAC and other parent involvement opportunities. Our next Family Wednesday is April 16th and our focus is SCIENCE.
-Ms. Jordan, Principal
IMPORTANT EVENTS and DATES:
- April 7th-May 16th SBAC testing for 3rd-5th graders
- April 17th-May 14th CST/CMA 5th grade SCIENCE testing
- May 7th Family Wednesday-Critical Literacy (8:30-9:30)
- May 7th Coffee with the Principal
- May 8th SSC Meeting 7:15-8:15
- May 21st May Festival 1:30-3:00
A friendly reminder:
- Gates open at 8:10 for line up on the lower playground.
- 8:25am teachers will walk out to pick students up .
- 8:30am is the start of breakfast in the classroom.
- Wednesday is our modified day from 8:30am to 12:45pm.
Our school went up 22 points in the API!
We grew 9% in Mathematics.
Our 4th graders had a 24% increase in the STAR Writing test since 2011.
Our progress continues to support your children in becoming critical thinkers, writers and mathematicians.
We will be introducing Family Wednesday once a month to support content area, student success and having families learn in the classrooms with their children and followed up with Coffee with the Principal as well.
We will continue our work with developing critical thinkers, being writers and problem solving through Number Talk.
I hope students get involved with our local library and their events as well as our partner in YMCA.